Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Confession Tuesday: the confessions of a bus rider...

In case you ever wondered how you can get a ride in a prisoner transportation and containment police unit without actually getting arrested, there is at least one way to do it. The way I did it -  use public transportation as my one and only commuting option one cold, snowy winter day:

.......

IT was during one of those snowy days that I got to ride in a vehicle that, I hope, I’ll never get to ride in again. It was a dog day evening with freezing snow hitting the ground and the 35A never made it to the bottom of Stilley road, so I decided to walk. By the time I got one quarter mile up the road I could already feel frost in my bone marrows as I started stumbling against the wind. This is when the police car stopped in front of me. It was not a patrol car but a prisoner transportation and containment police unit – a Jeep with a protection glass screen between the front and back seats and some cool safety features. One guy in, the driver, asked me something along the lines " Where are you coming from & have you been drinking?". I guess I looked like one that just tried some johnny walker swing…


“Coming from work & going home. Not drunk, but frozen. That 35A did not show” I said. “Now I am walking home”

I do not know if he just felt bad about leaving me behind to walk myself into becoming Mrs. Frosty or he did not want to take a chance, but he replied:”get in. It is dangerous to walk down here at night; you could get hit by a car”.
............................
 
 
More on the Allegheny County Transit Council blog.

No comments: